If you are attending the preconference session on Building a Complete BI Solution on April 11 in Lisbon at SQL Saturday #267, I will provide all of the project and data files that I will be using at the beginning of the session. You are welcome to follow-along with the finished project files but this is not a requirement to attend the session. You are also welcome to simply attend and take notes and then you can download the samples later.
We will be using a fairly large volume of data for a laptop machine which increases the system requirement but you can load a subset of the data files if you prefer. There are two different demo solutions and the system requirements are different for each.
- watch & take notes
- download workshop files & work with them later
- follow along with all or part of the demonstrations, using the finished solutions*
Personal BI solution
- Office 2013/365 ProPlus edition
- Power Query
- Power Map
Enterprise BI solution
- SQL Server 2012 Developer edition
all features installed
- SSAS tabular instance
- SSRS in native mode
- 20 – 40 GB of disk space
(whether you load part or all data)
* please use provided solutions rather than building as you go. we can’t provide support or troubleshooting for your development environment.