A big THANK YOU to everyone who attended the Facebook Live Pop-up session today. This was a fun event and I enjoyed taking and answering your questions. A recording of the live session is available right here:
We’re not quite sure why the video jumped around a bit but it didn’t seem to be too much of a distractor. We tested everything and had no issues until the event (of course!). I recently upgraded my older LifeCam 1080p camera to the LifeCam Studio HD camera – so maybe blasting more bits through the service caused some unrest. With that exception, I’d love to have your feedback about the format and the whole live Q&A concept.
Another concept I’m kicking around is to provide a forum for you and others to request guided training content based on your questions. It would be sort of a Q&A forum that would drive the way we build online training lessons. What do you think?
Please post your comments below.
There are some great learning opportunities available from PASS and I am exciting to participate in two online events this month!
Please join me on April 24 for a live chat about all things BI, reporting and data analytics. Ask me anything you want about these or related topics and I’ll answer your questions, talk about my experience or find out what the community has to say. The session is on Tuesday, April 24th at 6PM UTC (that’s 11 AM here in Pacific Time). Follow the image link to put it on your calendar. You can use the comments on the Facebook post or send an email if you’d like to queue up your questions ahead of time.
Here are some topics to get you started:
- Is self-service reporting and data modeling really sustainable?
- New features are released (monthly). How do we keep (IT/or users) up to speed?
- Where can we find best practice guidance for our solutions?
- What’s the best tool to use for a certain style of reporting solution?
- Differences between Power BI in the service and on-premises
- What is the future for SSRS and Power BI Report Server?
- How do I license Power BI, Report Server and my users?
- Can we expose reports externally?
- What is the migration path from Power BI tabular data models to on-premises and Azure AS models?
- What’s up with mobile reporting?
- How do I get started with Power Query & M
- What’s the best way to learn and get support with DAX and calculations?
- How do Excel, SSRS, Power BI and SSAS work together (or do they?)
- What’s unique about your scenario and business rules? How do we best proceed and meet those requirements?
- What’s up with reports in SharePoint, external-facing application, embedding reports and self-service reporting?
There have already been some great sessions from Kendra Little and Bob Ward – which I have thoroughly enjoyed watching. I’ve always loved Kendra’s presentation style and positive energy when she speaks. Bob is a tried-and-true SQL Server expert with many years of experience on the SQL Server product engineering team.
Join me live, learn some good stuff and we’ll have some fun!
24 Hours of PASS
Every year community speakers present the 24 Hours of PASS (24HOP) which will be on April 25th.
Every hour, a different presenter will deliver a 60 minute session on a specialized topic from midnight to midnight UTC. My talk will be the Nine Realms of Power BI and the many different ways Power BI may be used along with other technologies to deliver Business Intelligence, reporting and analytic solutions.
My session is at 4PM Pacific Time on Wednesday, April 25th. That’s 11PM UTC for you night owls in western Europe. The rest of you can do the TZ math for your time zone.