Paul (Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter) is a Principal Consultant for Pragmatic Works, a Mentor and Microsoft Data Platform MVP. He consults, writes, speaks, teaches & blogs about business intelligence and reporting solutions. He works with companies around the world to model data, visualize and deliver critical information to make informed business decisions; using the Microsoft data platform and business analytics tools. He is a Director of the Oregon SQL PASS chapter & user group, the author and lead author of Professional SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services and 14 other titles from Wrox & Microsoft Press. He holds several certifications including MCSE for the Data Platform and BI.
Paul (Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter) is a Principal Consultant for Pragmatic Works. He is a Mentor and Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for the Microsoft Data Platform, specializing in BI reporting, data modeling, analytics and data visualization solutions. He’s an active member of the Business Intelligence and SQL Server community, and Director of the Oregon SQL user group. With deep expertise in Microsoft data platform and business analytics technologies; he has been architecting, managing and developing applications and business intelligence solutions since 1992. Paul has experience in many industries including healthcare, manufacturing, logistics, education, government, retail, insurance, finance, software, technology, entertainment and communications.
Paul has developed database, BI and reporting solutions for many large and small organizations throughout the world. His expertise has included project lifecycle management, database modeling and design using every SQL Server versions since 6.0, application integration, and enterprise BI solutions using SQL Server Reporting Services, Integration Services, Analysis Services and Power BI. He teaches, develops training courseware, speaks at industry conferences and has authored and co-authored several technical books. He speaks at several Microsoft technology conferences and events and has presented at the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) global summit since 2004.
He is a member of the TechNet Wiki Advisory Board, the Power BI Community Council, Data Platform Advisors and Azure Platform Advisors. He has been a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) since 1996 and holds the current MCSE certification for Data Platform and BI. Prior certifications include: MCTS and MCITP for SQL Server BI, Solution Developer (MCSD), database administration (MCDBA) and project management methodologies (MSF & IT Project+.)
Paul has authored and co-authored several books and training courses including:
- Mastering Power BI (1-4 day training course)
- Azure Analysis Services & SSAS Tabular 2017 Foundations (2-3 day training course)
- Mastering SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services (2-4 day training course)
- Professional SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services (Wrox Press)
- SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 Cube Development Cookbook (Packt Publishing)
- Professional SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (Wrox Press)
- SQL Server MVP Deep Dives vol. 2 (Manning Press)
- Reporting Services Recipes for Expert Reports (Wrox Press)
- Beginning T-SQL for SQL Server 2005 and 2008 (Wrox Press)
- Beginning Transact-SQL for SQL Server 2000 and 2005 (Wrox Press)
- Professional SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (Wrox Press)
- Professional SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (Wrox Press)
- Professional SQL Server Reporting Services (2000) (Wrox Press)
- SQL Server 2005 Integration Services Step by Step (Microsoft Press)
- Beginning SQL Server 2005 Administration (Wrox Press)
- Professional SQL Server 2000 Data Warehousing with Analysis Services (Wrox Press)
- Professional Access 2000 Programming (Wrox Press)